World Vision New Zealand is the largest international humanitarian organisation in New Zealand, employing over 80 staff. Last year alone, we helped 2.9 million children across 23 countries around the world. Inspired by Christian values, we work to engage New Zealanders in the fight against global poverty and injustice.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Management Accountant to join our Finance team, where you can contribute your skills, to make a life-changing difference for children.
In this role you will:
- be the finance business partner to the International Partnerships team
- support strategic financial planning for grants and field programmes
- develop and manage budget proposals to support grants and emergency response projects
- lead financial tracking and reporting on grants to all stakeholders
- provide monthly financial analysis of income and expenses
You will bring to this role your strong background in financial management, keen attention to detail and accuracy, strong time management and excellent stakeholder engagement.
To be successful in this role, here's what you need:
- University/professional qualification in Finance or Accounting
- Experience in management accounting or business analysis
- Experience in managing project finances across different systems and processes
- Proven ability to construct, interpret, critique budgets and track expenditure
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to build trust and relationships across departments to gather and disseminate information
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail to support good tracking systems
- Proven ability to solve problems and suggest improvements or solutions
- The ability to explain technical financial information clearly to non-financial personnel
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a self-managed manner
Here's what you get:
- A competitive salary in the NFP sector, including medical and life insurance
- Flexibility to work from home for part of the week
- Additional leave options available
- A fun, positive, values-based team environment
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
For a copy of the position description, please email Lisa Richards firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close10 September 2021