World Vision New Zealand is the largest overseas humanitarian organisation in New Zealand. We implement emergency relief and long-term community development projects. Inspired by Christian values, we aim to engage New Zealanders in the fight against global poverty and injustice. We operate in 23 countries, employ over 100 staff throughout New Zealand, and have a strong volunteer's database.
We are looking for a Schools Partnership Manager to join the team. The purpose of this position is to develop and sustain effective and ongoing relationships with schools and their wider communities within a designated geographic region; to raise funds for WVNZ’s work; to develop an understanding and ongoing commitment to justice issues among the youth of New Zealand; and to make a substantive contribution to the wider work of World Vision as a member of the Partnership Engagement Team.
Desired skills and experience:
• Understanding of the education sector and how schools’ function
• Experience of working effectively with young people
• Understanding of contemporary justice issues
• Ability to develop high quality relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Experience in fundraising/sales/account management
• Confident public speaker
• Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal
• Prepared to work flexible hours with occasional evening and weekend activities, and able to travel regularly within the region
If you share a passion for our mission and values and respect our Christian based principles, then this is a great opportunity for you.
For more information or to request a position description for the role, please contact Angela Evans (firstname.lastname@example.org))
Applications Close: Friday 29th March 2019