Media Advisor - PR and Social
Do you have a communications or marketing background? Are you creative, strategic, able to work to deadline and passionate about making a difference? If so, you could be just what New Zealand’s largest and most trusted NGO is looking for.
World Vision New Zealand is the largest overseas humanitarian organisation in New Zealand. We implement emergency relief and long-term community development projects. Inspired by Christian values, we aim to engage New Zealanders in the fight against global poverty and injustice. We operate in 23 countries, employ over 100 staff throughout New Zealand, and have a strong volunteer's database.
World Vision is looking for a Media Advisor - PR and Social who is passionate about making a difference, to join its External Affairs team.
The team is dedicated to educating and mobilising Kiwis about issues of global poverty through quality story-telling across all forms of media.
The successful applicant will be able to:
· Execute strategic, innovative, effective and integrated campaigns designed to promote World Vision’s appeals, products, brand and reputation
· Have an acute ‘news-sense’ which will enable them to spot media opportunities, threats and emergencies well in advance.
· Forge and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including ambassadors, spokespeople and supporters.
· Grow and maintain World Vision’s audience across all of its social media platform
· Maintain a high-level of engagement with online supporters
· Spot social media trends, opportunities, threats and emergencies concerning World Vision well in advance
Skills and experience:
· A tertiary qualification in PR, communications, journalism or marketing and at least five years’ relevant work experience
· Examples of having planned and executed successful and innovative social media/ PR campaigns or alternatively, a portfolio of journalism work
· Knowledge of the New Zealand media landscape and existing contacts
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· A team-player capable of building collaborative, robust relationships
· Results focused with a strong execution philosophy
· Strong organisational skills and professionalism
· Photoshop savvy
· Photography/ videography skills would be beneficial as would some knowledge of the aid and development sector
Still unsure if it’s the right role for you? Check out our website and have a look at how World Vision really works! www.worldvision.org.nz
Applications close: 18 March 2019