World Vision New Zealand is the largest international humanitarian organisation in New Zealand, employing 80 staff and a large volunteer base. Last year alone, we helped 2.9 million children across 23 countries around the world.
Inspired by Christian values, we work to engage New Zealanders in the fight against global poverty and injustice. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness, our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.
The purpose of this position is to lead marketing communications & fundraising efforts for mass audiences by leveraging industry best practise and innovations. Manage agency partners and freelancers to deliver marketing communications and collaterals producing on-brand and best-in-class fundraising materials.
Key responsibilities are:
- Lead organization’s fundraising efforts to our Supporter Base, strategizing to meet targets, and ensuring communications leverage fundraising best practices
- Service the organisation’s communication requirements producing on-brand and best-of-class fundraising collaterals
- Manage WV’s work relationship with creative and direct marketing agency(s), developing strong connections to establish a trusting, long-term partnership
- Manage contract negotiation, budget projections, forecasts and KPIs
- Lead direct mail appeals (including emergency) to maximise response, income and generation of new leads
- Use strong creative design and copywriting skills to support deliverables, proofing and reviewing designs and checking documents before they are sent off
- Lead the development of brand expression and identity guidelines
- Develop effective communication tools and collateral for use across the organisation equipping everyone to be strong fundraisers and brand advocates across all channels
- Provide day to day management and leadership to the team
- University education in Marketing or Communications
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position within a complex organisation, including three years in leadership role
- Proven experience in fundraising or related marketing role, preferably working in Direct Mail
- Strong leadership and team management background
- Experience working for a creative agency or managing agency contracts is an asset
- Superb communication skills, attention to detail and copywriting/editing required
This is an exciting opportunity to help make a difference in vulnerable children's lives around the world. World Vision is committed to developing its people at all levels and to being an employer of choice within the charity sector and the international community for vulnerable children.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Closing date for applications is 05th November 2019
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness;
Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.