World Vision New Zealand is the largest international humanitarian organisation in New Zealand, employing 80 staff and a large volunteer base. Last year alone, we helped 2.9 million children across 23 countries around the world.
Inspired by Christian values, we work to engage New Zealanders in the fight against global poverty and injustice. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness, our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.
We are looking for a Marketing Content Specialist to join our Supporter Engagement team. The purpose of this role is to source, curate and manage content for the organization leveraging content as appropriate per channel and key audiences.
If that wasn't enough, you'll need to buy into our identity and be passionate about helping us to achieve it. So, if you think you can do all that, we need to hear from you!
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Manage, prioritize and ensure delivery of assigned production requirements in coordination with external agency and service providers
- Use strong relational and process skills to source content and produce outcomes to deadline
- Support organizational goals by curating programme reports and stories to highlight and communicate to donors in a way that builds donor confidence
- Give strategic input on best content and content strategies
- Understand and interpret field communications and convert this into donor friendly content
- Proofread and edit marketing materials as needed in accordance to brand guidelines and in alignment with target audience preferences, needs and expectations
- Drive alignment of marketing materials with WVNZ communications guidelines and child protection protocols, providing direction both to internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure marketing materials slides smoothly into production with minimal editing for both print and online channels
- Must have marketing or communications qualifications with strong production management and copy-writing skills
- Must be highly organised and have strong administration and project management skills
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to give and take feedback
- Ability to multi-task, self-manage and work under tight deadlines
- Research skills will be advantageous
- Understanding the development sector (desired)
- Ability to edit various media content is an asset
- Spanish and French are an asset
This is an exciting opportunity to help make a difference in vulnerable children's lives around the world. World Vision is committed to developing its people at all levels and to being an employer of choice within the charity sector and the international community for vulnerable children.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness;
Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.