World Vision New Zealand is the largest international humanitarian organisation in New Zealand, employing 80 staff and a large volunteer base. Last year alone, we helped 2.9 million children across 23 countries around the world.
Inspired by Christian values, we work to engage New Zealanders in the fight against global poverty and injustice. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness, our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.
The primary purpose of this role is to develop and provide insights and analytics capability enabling data-driven decisions, performance monitoring, and optimization of results. This role will lead marketing efforts in data strategy, segmentation, testing, modelling and reporting. It will provide input into the design and maintenance of business databases, external data sourcing, analytical tools and information governance. The role will also help maintain a healthy inventory of registered children by managing RC allocation and forecasting needs together with other M&E teams.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Develop insights into market prospecting and effective targeting strategies to drive improved acquisitions and campaign outcomes
- Develop reporting capability and operating rhythm (by leveraging automation and aggregation) to effectively measure, monitor and report on performance of channels, campaigns, brand and supporters to drive strategic decision making and measure ROI
- Lead segmentation of supporter base
- Develop propensity model for current supporters predicting their future behaviours to improve retention and support upsell targets
- Lead research plans ensuring tests have clear KPIs, sample sizes and methodologies to generate statistically relevant insights
- Proactively undertake post-initiative analysis and provide useful insights to improve performance
- Mine supporter data to derive insights and timely extract and manipulate data to drive marketing and wider business strategy
- Identify second party and third-party data sources that augment and improve value of data
- Provide strategic input and contribute to the annual growth planning process
- Monitor and manage Registered Children information and readiness for marketing
- University education in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Economics, Information Systems or Statistics
- Proven track record in data analytics, business performance and insights in a data rich business
- Advanced analytics experience - developing market segmentation & models like predictive, correlation, churn etc.
- Technical knowledge in leveraging SAS and SQL for data extraction and manipulation
- Creation and management of SSRS reports
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts in an effective and articulate manner
- Extensive experience in data visualisation
- Understanding of various research methodologies (qualitative and quantitative)
- Experience with development and maintenance of PowerBI dashboards an advantage
This is an exciting opportunity to help make a difference in vulnerable children's lives around the world. World Vision is committed to developing its people at all levels and to being an employer of choice within the charity sector and the international community for vulnerable children.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Closing date for applications is 13th November 2019